2 days on the Islands of Lake Titicaca, Taquile and sleeping on an Uros Island
One of our guides will pick you up from your hotel at 7 AM or later if you arrive late of this time to be transferred to the port of Puno and board motor boats in which we will travel 40 minutes. After the trip we visit the floating islands of Uros (Aymaras community). Here a family will welcome us in their native language (Aymara language), who will explain about their customs and way of life. After all the information we will get a room made made of reeds (totora).
1:00 pm you will joing a lunch organize by the family (typical food), during the day we will have some activities with the family to know and leard about their customs and life in the floating island, also we will have a tour aboard boats made of reeds (totora) in the area of the islands in order to enjoy the beautiful scenery of this magical place and you can try fishing in the Titicaca lake.
6:00 we will have a dinner organize by the family, you will have the option to group with the locals around the fireplace, sing and dance together. You sleep in modernized traditional Urus huts. Tour description continues below…
Around 7:30 am, You will be served your breakfast by the local indigenous people in the morning hours. You will witness a short sceneplay to show you how the Aymara-Quechua market worked in the past. At this time some other tourist might arrive to your island, but meanwhile waiting for your boat transfer, you might shop some souvenirs.
Along the way to Taquile island you will have a panoramic view of Lake Titicaca and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the lake considered the highest in the world. We arrive to the island of Taquile at 1.30 pm.
This place will be given lunch (typical food), upon reaching the island of Taquile we will walk to the village 1hour. In the town of Taquile remain a time of 3 hours visiting the place watching the scenery and customs of this community Quechua. After the visit we will return to Puno and you will be left at your hotel or Puno center.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation by motor boat with bathroom
- Guided visit to the islands of Uros and Taquile
- Guide service
- Entrance fees
- Accommodation in traditional huts (no hot water and no water toilets)
- Several presentations by the Uros people
- Food (lunch, dinner, breakfast)
What is not included in the tour
- First breakfast, second lunch
- Extras and tips
If you want to make this tour, it is important to follow the recommendations:
- For this type of trip is important to wear warm clothes, long pants, hiking boots, sunglasses, sunscreen, woolen cap, gloves and wear a poncho or raincoat here since temperature changes can be abrupt and may have rain at certain times of year. If you have a sleeping bag or blanket, then bring it with you, although you will get warm blankets and even some cloths borrowed if that is needed. It is important to bring a jacket and warm clothes because it always gets cold in the night. If you take a camera or camcorder do not forget to bring a bag to protect it from rain. Also bring drinking water, personal hygiene set, your medication if necessary and any alcoholic non-alcoholic drinks for the night as nothing can be bought on the island.
- If you want to make a reservation is important to send all personal information and payment required for this service. Then our reservation department will send an e-voucher or receipt which you must print and present to start the tour.
To secure your reservation, please pay or transfer 50% of the price of the tour by adding the tour to your shopping cart multiplied by the number of persons participating. You pay the remaining 50% upon arrival. Please consult our cancellation policy for possible refunds.